Thursday, May 16, 2019

Very Old Roses


I got these roses 36 years ago from a neighbor of my grandparents.
She would take cuttings and start them.
She had these roses long before she moved to that home.

When we moved to this house 29 years ago I dug them up and moved them with me.
They have been blooming ever since.
Amazing how they could still be going.
Especially when most plants come and go.
The names were never given to me

 I call this one Naomi's Rose
For the woman who gave it to me Naoma Angelina Dinucci Pool




The second one is a red single bloomer.
This one I have always just called,
 The Little Red Rose.
No stripes on it. Just red.
Notice the little points on the petals? Is that unique to a named rose?
If so let me know and I will give it a proper name.


Some interesting history.
Naoma was born in 1899
Her mother was Maria and father was Pelligrini Dinucci. 
They came from Italy.
They lived in Sonoma County, CA

Naoma was born in California.

It is interesting what you can find out on Ancestory.com😁


No comments: