Sunday, February 11, 2018

Violets

As you probably know I am addicted to violets. I have been since I was a kid. I use to take care of a friends house when she was on vacation. She had some beautiful violets. I use to love to see them blooming. So that started my addiction.  I have had several blooming violets in my house ever since. Here is what is blooming today.




 
I don't repot them anymore as I find they enjoy being crowed into a pot. They bloom better that way. I also fertilize with liquid violet fertilizer every time I water them. Since I have been doing that they seem to bloom almost all year long. I am trying a new fertilizer this month which is Optimara. Before that I used Shultz. I am going to switch back and forth and see what happens. So far they seem pretty happy.


No comments: