Last Summer when my Mom's house sold we frantically packed everything and moved it out. It was a whirlwind ordeal. The house sold in three days.
My Mom had passed away the year before, but with probate we had to wait to sell the house.
So as I was taking a last look around the yard I saw some volunteer hollyhock seedlings popping up here and there.
I dug them up and transplanted them at my house.
Two survived.
At the same time I also gathered seeds from the dead hollyhock plants. I decided now was a good time to try and germinate some.
So far one has.
My Mom had passed away the year before, but with probate we had to wait to sell the house.
So as I was taking a last look around the yard I saw some volunteer hollyhock seedlings popping up here and there.
I dug them up and transplanted them at my house.
Two survived.
At the same time I also gathered seeds from the dead hollyhock plants. I decided now was a good time to try and germinate some.
So far one has.
I am still excited that one has. I hope more do but I am happy I have at least one.
No telling how long the seeds had hung on the dead hollyhock plants.
I will be happy to see them bloom.
My Mom loved hollyhocks and so do I.
It will be a nice surprise to see what color they are. A sort of last gift from my Mom.
No telling how long the seeds had hung on the dead hollyhock plants.
I will be happy to see them bloom.
My Mom loved hollyhocks and so do I.
It will be a nice surprise to see what color they are. A sort of last gift from my Mom.
I will keep you posted of the progress of them.
Happy Monday!



No comments:
Post a Comment