Wednesday, February 4, 2026

What To Do When African Violet Breaks off

 I had an oppss while watering my beloved Africa Violet a couple weeks ago..

Usually I pop break offs  in a glass of water, but I had an idea.  I save these condiment cups when we get take out from our favorite Mexican restaurant.  I never know when I might need one for something. They also work well for medications for the day. Just pop on lid and it won't accidentally spill out.  Safe for adults, but not children, obviously.  Anyhow,  I poked a hole in the lid and pushed the African Violet piece through. In just a couple of weeks I have roots! I am very happy that I tried this idea. Plus no spilling water and water barely evaporated. 

So give it a try if you are into propping your house plants. I have not tried any other house plants yet, but I am going to. 
I hope you are doing well and enjoying your week!





3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Your African Violet is so pretty, Cindee, and I really like the lady holder you put your plant in. Clever idea about the condiment cups, and hopefully those roots will show up in no time. I bring home those cups from the Mexican restaurant that holds the salsa, but I toss them after. I wish you pleasant February days, Cindee. It's a sweet month for sure. ; )

Red Rose Alley said...

I used to call your place a "town" also because when I was growing up it was just a small country town. But now it has all the shops, restaurants, a mall, and much more, so I think of it as a city now. I enjoy visiting, but it's always nice to be home where it's not so crowded. Thanks for popping in today, Cindee. Have a good week, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Red Rose Alley said...

ps.....Oh, I loved your coffee story. Doesn't it smell the best? I bought some Guatemala coffee to bring home, and it was ever so good. : )