A new picture of my neighbors.
With just one owlet the mom stays close all the time. She is trying to get the owlet to branch and explore, but he isn't having it. He just wants to hang out. In the past years this was normal when there was only one owlet. When there are two or three owlets, they are all over the tree. They leave the tree sooner too. I see them several times a day. Their tree is in my yard. I walk Baylee right by them.
I enjoy them so much and will miss them when they take off.
Also, the wood ducks have left their nest and headed to the reservoir. They left Friday.
Hopefully the video works. It is pretty fun to watch them jump out.
They made it across the road and into the wooded marshy area. I am sure they are enjoying themselves.
I will miss them too.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend!



1 comment:
What a precious video of the wood ducks. That one little one was hesitant to jump out, but he did it, along with his siblings. I hope they are Ok in the wild. Today, we had a light snow, and the sun came out. It was so pretty.
~Sheri
Post a Comment