Wednesday, August 1, 2018

We Are O.K.

Thank You for all the prayers for our city.
It has been one hell of a week. We are all tired and stressed, but we have a home still standing, unlike a lot of people.
Several people have lost their lives.
My daughter and family were evacuated and came to our house for the time.
My Son-in-law has been working non stop on the fire with at the command center, with evacuations, patrolling, providing safety and looting control.
Thank You to everyone for all the hours and hours of fire fighting, law enforcement not only local, but several counties sent their own here to help.
Thank You to 911 operators, EMS, National Guard, and all the volunteers at evac centers, etc.
We are so blessed to have so many people who care in our community.
I pray this is fire is under control soon. I pray for everyone who lost their lives and homes.
 
No one wants to receive that emergency call.
That call came to us on Thursday evening from my daughter.
The fire had jumped the river and was headed straight for where my daughter lives.
She said she had to go NOW!
No one had expected it would do that. It was a freak thing that happens during a fire storm.
One minute it is one place and the next it is in your neighborhood.
We jumped in the car to go help her, but were called and told we could not make it due to panic and people driving etc. So we had to turn around. )-:
She said she was in her car with my Granddaughter and pets on their way to us.
We were never so scared. What a wonderful sight to see them arrive safe.
The Princess was pretty upset, but she was happy to have a sleep over with Nama and Tapa. I talked to her on the phone all the way to my house. It helped her calm down and keep focused.
 
For more information about the fire incase you have not seen it on National News.
You can go to Carr Fire
 
 


1 comment:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl ... I ma so sorry to hear all of what has been happening with the fires there .. I have been thinking of you but cowardly about reading your blog for fear of bad news .. I am so sorry about that .. but SO GLAD to hear you and your family are alright.
The stress must have been overwhelming .. I wish I could say something of comfort to you but I know this must be your worst nightmare come true with fire on the rampage.
Please keep safe .. I am hoping for rain for all of the area .. all of California !... fingers crossed !
Joy