Monday, September 8, 2025

Sourdough

 It's been a while since I posted sourdough. I am sure you were wondering if I was still baking.  Yup, I am. When I can. 

I am still enjoying eating it too.

My husband had good news on his recent PET scan. No new tumors and the one he had is fading away. They said that the tumor doesn't disappear right away and they continue to do PET scans every three months. Praying for complete healing.
He still has coughing and mucous, but that has slowed down a lot. 
The radiation burns have been fading away and his skin looks pretty good for the most part.  
He has a dentist appointment tomorrow to get dentures. That will be a huge step in his recovery. He will be able to eat food again.  He has been going to therapy for his swallowing. That has helped a lot too.  So hopefully after gets his chompers He will be good to go. 

We are getting a lot of thunder here tonight. Maybe rain too. Will be happy to see rain. We sure do need it. 
Baylee hates the thunder. He is very scared. Lucky thingvit doesn't stay long. 

My granddaughter Klara got her first cell phone. She has been calling me and chatting. It has been so fun. Her and her brother and sister have all had the flu, strep and colds, so we haven't seen them in a month. 😭  Now I found out today, she has a spot of impetigo on her elbow. Poor kid can't get a break. Hopefully she is better soon and we can get together. 

I guess that is it for my update. 
I hope you have a wonderful week!



2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That is great news about your husband, Cindee. I hope he heals and gets better with each day. Wow, that's a big thing for a girl to get her first cell phone. So sorry there has been sickness in your family with flus and such. School time, and it just goes around in the classrooms. Your sourdough bread looks really good. We got some rain last night! The porch was wet this morning, and I was glad. I didn't hear thunder though. I do hope you get some rain.

Have a wonderful week, Cindee.

~Sheri

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks yummy!! I am also playing catch up!! Thanks so much for visiting!!
Hugs,
Deb
Debbie-Dabble Blog