Monday, June 30, 2025

Checking In

 Happy Monday!  Just one day left of the month. Friday will be the 4th of July.  We will be at the hospital for hydration.  So far things are going slow. I wish it was going faster, but its not. Although my husband can sip on water now.  Not getting enough to for go hydration appointments though. Hopefully soon.  His radiologist oncologist is pleased with his recovery so far.  He will have a PET scan in 8 weeks and then will know if the tumor is gone. 

On Saturday morning he woke up and said his feeding tube came out. How,  I have no idea. He was also having a problem with his Trach. It upset me so much because that meant a trip to the ER. I asked my son to take him because it was too much for me to deal with at that time. I have tried to avoid the ER and have managed for almost 7 months.  So my so took him.  They were there about 8 hours by the time he had a new trach put in and a new feeding tube.  I was really hoping he would not be getting a new one and that both of them would be gone for good by now. So looks like both are staying for who knows how long. 😭

In garden news the garden is producing a lot of cucumbers and zucchini and peppers.  Tomatoes are almost ready.



We have a wild turkey hen who decided to start a family in the watermelon patch.


Also a strange looking spider.


In early April my daughter gave me two tubers from a shampoo ginger plant she ordered from Jamaica.   We both planted them. It took two months to see any sign of growth.



She is excited to see the grow and produce flowers. I am kinda holding off my excitement until I see them looking much bigger.  It is interesting though.

I think I told you we have a grasshopper invasion and they have munched on a lot of my plants. I have missed a lot anyhow, but hopefully the grasshoppers go away and I can enjoy some blooms later this summer.



1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so sorry your husband had to go through all of that. That's a long time spent at the emergency. So good of your son to take him. Your garden is coming alive this summer! So many good things growing. That is the strangest looking spider. Almost looks like a tarantula. I hope those grasshoppers stay out of your lovely garden. It looks very healthy and green.

~Sheri