Happy Friday!
Hope you had a great week!
This week I finally got my fountain repaired. A few years ago it was being worked on and fell off a table.The bottom broke off the fountain. It was a pile of rubble. I got the fountain for my first Mothers Day 39 years ago when I was pregnant. I really didn't want to scrap it. So my husband glued the pieces back together and cemented it. It is good and sturdy. I was in charge of painting it. I think it turned out perfect!
I wish I had painted it to match the bench, but I can repaint it next year if I want to.
For now it is working and looks great.
Also this week I decided to get a head start on some Halloween decorations.
These are made out of walnuts.
I just carved their faces and they will dry up to look creepy.
I have seen these made with other nuts and they are very cool. I just hope mine turn out as cool!
I will keep you updated.
I know Halloween is a ways off, but I won't have time once school starts.
We all know how fast that first couple of months flies by!
Anyhow, summer is flying by already and it is just about 3 weeks till school starts.
It has been an fun summer.
I have been to the water park a few times with the grandkids. That is an adventure!
I might be to old to go on the raging river ride, but I went anyhow!
It sure was fun.
Well that is it for me!
Have a great weekend!


1 comment:
The carved walnuts is a creative idea. Have never seen that before. They already have Halloween candy out at the dollar store up here. The raging river ride! - I give you credit on going on that! Sounds like you had such a fun day at the water park, Cindee. Yes, the Summers go fast for the school teachers and workers. Enjoy the time you have left in August. Jess starts up again soon too. : )
~Sheri
Post a Comment