I made these out of creek rocks. I glued a 3/4 inch copper cap onto each rock and then slipped it onto a piece of copper pipe that was stuck in the ground. I plan to make many more of these. They are so easy to make and fun to see poking around in the garden. I spent two mornings at the creek looking for perfect rocks to use on this project. I could spend a lot more time looking because there are so many to see.
I am trying to decide how to make a larger rock mushroom next. I found a great rock for one.
The copper will age to a nice patina in time and blend in with the landscape. The only expense for me was the copper caps. They cost around between 40 and 80 cents a piece but I love how it looks with the copper!





11 comments:
Very artistic. The rocks look great indeed. I love the copper. I can see them in my garden for sure.
What a great idea. You Rock.
You are such a clever girl!
How did Jack survive the fireworks? Miss Daisey was freaked out.
I love it!
Thats great! They look so earthy!
delightful mushrooms
You are one talented lady! Warm wishes, Esther
Oh Cindee, so cute! You really need to write a book about these things! I just am continually amazed!
Brenda
Great looking mushrooms Cindee. I could go for a couple like that. Just need to get some copper.
I hope you & family had a great 4th.
Great idea. I love how they look in your garden.
Sandy
I like them. What about using a tree stump as the stem for your larger rock.
Ramona
Post a Comment