Friday, February 10, 2017

Enjoying The Weather

Hanging out inside, watching the storms come and go.
Thinking about how beautiful everything will be this Spring!
Bulbs are already poking through the soil.
It is going to be a great Summer!
For now though, I will stay inside where it is warm.
 
Oh almost forgot to share my latest Sourdough creations.
I may be getting closer to what I am looking for.
 
At the least, I think I have figured out how to get it to rise and bake correctly. The scoring is about figured out too. I think this time the reason it was all messed up was because I covered in plastic wrap to rise and I forgot I should not do that. So, when I pulled off the plastic wrap, it made the bread dough rough. If rough is what you are looking for then by all means do that. I am looking for a more smooth and even skin. Next time I will remember not to cover with plastic wrap until I put in fridge. I don't like how the flour looks on the bread if you cover it lightly to let it rise. A lot of people do that and it is great for them, but I like it better plain. The whole key is not to compromise the skin. I can do that next time!(-:


1 comment:

ferne said...

A lot of our fruit trees are showing a little color in the buds and promise of what is to come. Makes me anxious for Spring and Summer! Your bread looks pretty tasty...keep practicing. I'm sure someone is enjoying eating those practice loaves!