Monday, November 28, 2016

Before and After

 
I got this clock from my Mom. I had to do some alterations because it did not work. I removed the clock works and put in a battery clock works. You can buy them anywhere. I got mine at Michaels. I used the Restor-a-finish on the wood and the Feed and Wax by same company. I love this stuff. I used it on all my wood. It is so easy to use and it is something that really does work. I don't advertise on my blog, but when I find something that really works for me I like to mention it, because it may be helpful to someone.(-:
Anyhow...I also did a little mosaic on the face. It was not complete without some leaves. I searched on Etsy for someone who did ceramics and ordered two leaves. I glued them on and added a couple sticks to look like leaves. I am pleased with the transformation. The same clock only different. More cheerful? I think so.
 
This is actually not the original clock. I swiped this picture off the net because I forgot to take a picture of the clock before. I thought I did but I could not find one. Anyhow, this is what it looked like before. Except it was the wind up clock version that did not work. After taking off the clock works there was a hole at the 6' O'clock area that was very noticeable. So I had to do something...The original clock also had a pendulum so I bought a kit with one in it. It was a simple project to do.
Fun and I like the result.


1 comment:

ferne said...

Oh! I love it! You really did it justice!