Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Owl Update

The Great Horned Owls are still hanging on. I wondered how they would do after that huge gully washer the other night but I checked on them the next morning, and yup Momma was still there.
The eggs are due to hatch this week.
Can you see her golden eyes?
I love this time of the year when the owls are nesting. I feel like they are part of my family. They are out back and I can visit them whenever I want. They nest here every year. It is such a joy to see them.
 


2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl you are SO lucky to have these amazing birds in your back yard!
Do they "hoot" much at all ? ... I would love to hear them at night with frog song .. that would be heavenly .. can't wait to see pictures of the babies !!
Joy : )

CiNdEe said...

This morning the father was who- whooing a lot. I was wondering if that meant they were hatching.(-: