Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sourdough Bread Making

I am trying a new bread making skill. Sourdough bread. I got the starter from my daughter. Here is what transpired on the SECOND go around. The first one was a foop. The funny thing is I worked at a bakery when I was a teenager where they made sourdough French bread. I actually did not bake there though. I was a bread bagger. I should get points for working there at least right?



And the finished yummy bread...Dedicated to my Dad who loved sourdough bread so much. I wish he was here to enjoy it!!!!

 

3 comments:

Brighid said...

OMGosh that looks yummy. Good Going!
I had a sour dough starter that I fed & hauled around Oregon all one summer, finally passed it to a friend that was a much better bread maker than I.

CiNdEe said...

Yeah it is a lot of work to take care of the starter...not to mention making the bread. I guess it is something to do when it is raining(-:

My Little Family: said...

I love sourdough too - especially with a steaming bowl of cioppino. Great job cindee!