Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hair Coloring

Does anyone color their own hair or do you just go see your beautician?
It is difficult with long hair but I still do my own. I found recently the hair color I used was not coloring the grey anymore. It would color it for about a week. Then it would fade and look brassy and basically just plain yucky. I tried every name brand they sell over the counter.

I could never get a straight answer when I asked the lady who cut my hair what to do. Of course because she wanted to charge 80.00 to color it for me. Of course it was great when she did do it. It was perfect as expected, but I don't want to fork out 80 bucks every three to four weeks.

I grew up with a Mother who was a beautician. No help there either. What is it, a secret code between beauticians? A friend suggested going to Sally http://www.sallybeauty.com . So reluctantly I went. Since I am a shy person, it is very hard to ask for help. But I did. I was very happy with the result. Although, I had to figure out about mixing colors together myself. The medium color was to dark where as the light color was to light. So I mixed half and half and found a perfect match. It is not hard at all in fact it was really easy. The color lasts without fading and it was cheap. 7 dollars a bottle. They even have sales. How can you beat that? I wish I would have done this years ago.

So anyhow, I just thought I would share this with everyone incase someone is reluctant like me to go ask for help. Just go to Sally and ask. They are very friendly and helpful. And no, I am not getting paid to say that. I just like helping people, you're welcome! (-:

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Good to know girl !
Thanks !
Joy
PS ... why do women fall apart so easily as they age and men just look better some how ? BIG sigh !

ferne said...

I went through this too about 5 years ago (or more). Then I just decided to let it all grow out and be the color it wanted to be because I couldn't take all the dying. I did it myself for years then they stopped selling the dye I liked so...I am now pretty gray! Definitely took a while to get use to. My Mom was diagnosed with cancer about the same time and the doctor told her to stop dying her hair so that was a bit more encouragement for me, too.