Sunday, January 25, 2015

Another Spring Like Day

I worked all day outside yesterday. I was so tired I came in, took a shower and was in bed by 7pm! I didn't even eat dinner. I am old! I use to be able to go non stop everyday, but it seems one day on a weekend is enough! Today I am watching the Princess for a few hours so my daughter can go to lunch with a friend. SO I will be resting...lol
I do have a lot of work to do outside, but having a Princess visit is way more fun(-: It is what I live for.

The yard is looking much better though after all that work. The rose garden was torn out. What was salvageable was replanted. I will make the rose garden into a shade garden now. I am excited about that. It does get filtered sun in the Summer so some things will grow well there. I widened the rock path through there too. It was much to narrow but was all I could do when the roses were there. Even then I was always attacked by the roses as I walked through there. So glad they are outta there.

I moved rocks  in the border where the roses were moved and will plant grass seed this Spring. It looks nicer there. It was full of asters and I was sick of them too. There was a native wildflower there also that was basically a weed and I am so glad to get that out. The hubby rototilled that area for me. So now I have basically two new areas to enjoy. I have a lot of thinking to do to decide what I want to plant in the rose garden area. I did put some azaleas there that I had in pots. I will see how they do. I am sure I will come up with something.

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

I had to giggle when I read the first part Cindee ... we are all getting old, the Baby Boomers hate it worse than any other previous generation I think .. look at the lengths some people go to to look younger ?
I do hate the physical restrictions now because I was like you too .. go all day for days ... now ? good grief !
It sounds like you are going to have a blast planning these two new areas.
I can't wait to see what you do girl ! So take lots of pictures it is great to have before and after ones to look at !!
Joy : )

CanadianGardenJoy said...

I had to giggle when I read the first part Cindee ... we are all getting old, the Baby Boomers hate it worse than any other previous generation I think .. look at the lengths some people go to to look younger ?
I do hate the physical restrictions now because I was like you too .. go all day for days ... now ? good grief !
It sounds like you are going to have a blast planning these two new areas.
I can't wait to see what you do girl ! So take lots of pictures it is great to have before and after ones to look at !!
Joy : )