Thursday, December 11, 2014

Raging Creek


We have had about 4 inches of rain from the big storm that arrived last night. More on the way supposedly. It is awesome. We need rain so badly here. It has been a long time since the creek was this high!
This creek was bone dry this past Summer. Not even a drop of water. It was scary. I have lived here all my life and have not seen the creek dry up completely that way. SO I am jumping for joy over this storm! We are finally getting some rain here in this severe dry area.
Let the flooding begin!(-: The plants and trees are going to love it!(-:

2 comments:

ferne said...

I love it! The wind was not so fun, but the rain was not so bad and I didn't loose any trees on my property. Looks like I might get a dusting of snow next week which would be perfect! You are right...the plants and trees are going to love it. We found out that we too many bad nematodes in our garden soil so we are searching for remedies...maybe all the rain will take care of it! They do love sandy, dry soil and we have lava rock dust for soil under our raised beds. I keep feeding the good nematodes lots of compost, but apparently that has not been enough yet. Take care Cindee!

CiNdEe said...

Hi ferne,
I hope the rain washed away the bad nematodes(-:
I have had another inch of rain here. I am so happy that it is raining!!!!!! I was really worried about next year. I hope we won't have to worry now(-: