Monday, December 8, 2014

Coffee Talk

Are there still people that make their own coffee around?
LOL Yeah thought so! (-:
I accidentally dropped my carafe and broke it. I was pretty bummed when I found out a new one cost 25.00 plus shipping! Seriously? Why not buy a whole new machine? So that's what I did. I ordered a new 14 cup Cuisinart because that has been my favorite so far.

I know a lot of people like those fancy Keurig things. I drink a lot of coffee and I would go broke if I had to buy those all the time. Nope, for me it's a big coffee maker and my trusted friend, Folgers!
Yup I am old school. And, so proud of it! My kids tease me all the time! I don't go to Starbucks or Dutch Bros. At  4 bucks a pop for that stuff I can buy a lot of Folgers!

When I broke the carafe, of course I still had to have coffee until my new machine arrived, so I borrowed a different carafe from work.
The only problem was, it didn't fit under the filter basket because of the pause and serve feature.
Well since I was getting a new machine anyhow, why not take that off?
Come to find out it just pops out. Presto! Coffee is ready in half the time!
Why didn't I remove that thing before? I never knew it was so easy! So if you are struggling to wait for the coffee to finish and you are like me and don't like to take that first cup by using the pause and serve feature then just pop that thing out and your coffee will be ready in a flash! I bet it works on other machines as well!
Your welcome!

Oh and one more thing. I found mine at Macys cheaper then amazon. Even with free shipping! Surprises never cease! Can't wait until tomorrow for it to arrive.(-:

2 comments:

My Little Family: said...

My favorite so far is the Cuisinart that doesn't have a carafe but instead a well and you don't pour, you push a button. Keeps it hot. Sadly, each machine only lasted about a year.

CiNdEe said...

They don't make anything to last now days.)-: