Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Light By The Sea

I ordered a hanging, mason jar, solar light top. I thought it looked cool and would be fun to make a miniature beach garden in a mason jar. Fully charged, this little light lasts all night long!

It looks totally awesome all lit up at night. I couldn't get a picture of it lit up, so you will have to take my word for it.
I still want to add a few more miniatures to it, but this is the basic jar light. I need to go to Michaels and get a few more things. I used what I had here to try it out first.
I hung it next to the sink fountain where Sid and the other sea stuff is.
I am still looking for a large mouth solar light lid, because I think a bigger jar would be nicer and more room for decorating. The small mouth jar is tricky to get the stuff in just right. I used tongs to place the sea shells. It is a fun project though.

3 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee you think of the greatest projects ! ..I love anything to do with the sea..
I can well imagine how cute it looks all lit up at night because I have my favorite solar lights in my garden that make me smile when I see them glowing at night .. good luck with adding to this .. it is going to be perfect by the time you are done with it !

My Little Family: said...

adorable! (more photos of Jack please)

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

What a wonderful idea, it looks really good and I can imagine how pretty it must be all lit up.