Thursday, September 25, 2014

Rain!!!

It is finally, after many long dry months, raining!
I can't remember the last time it rained. Last Spring sometime I guess.
I woke up in the night to the ting, ting, ting of the rain gutter sound. Oh how I missed that sound! I love the rain!
So far, 1.64 inches of rain has been recorded at the local airport.
We are suppose to have showers today and it is still raining right now.
Hopefully we will be get a lot more! We need feet of rain instead of inches but I will take whatever we can get!
 
Of course I had to share the picture I took yesterday of the turkey in the bird feeder. He decided to jump up for a snack. I guess he is above eating on the ground with the rest of the "Turkeys!"

5 comments:

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

A turkey...in your birdfeeder!! I couldn't even imagine that here in London, lol. So glad you have got your longed for rain.

ferne said...

Let's take that rain a little at a time. It was great to hear and I want more, just not all at once.

CiNdEe said...

We have had 4 1/4 inches of rain so far today! It down poured here for 40 mins. or so this evening. It was amazing!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

That is too funny with the turkey Cindee .. glad you caught a picture of him/her?
We just bought our turkeys for Thanksgiving and Xmas ironically ... this turkey is lucky to be living over there ? LOL
Joy

CiNdEe said...

Funny thing about the Turkeys. They know when Fall arrives and they head out. I have not seen any since I took this picture.(-: I would never kill one of my Turkey friends for dinner though. They should not worry so much. (-: