Thursday, June 6, 2013



It is amazing how slow time goes when you are sitting around with someone who is dying. It seems as though the time stops. Yet when you go outside you can see that a whole day has passed by.
That is how it is these days. My Dad is still lingering. Mostly he is asleep. Even when he is awake I can not hear him. He speaks very softly. It is frustrating for me because I can't hear well as it is. Sometimes I can understand him but mostly I can not. Sometimes when I get there he waves to me and as I leave sometimes he will wave goodbye. It is killing me to see him this way. My heart is broken.
I don't understand how he can continue to go on. I know he doesn't want to give up, but to me it is time to let go. Although, letting go is going to be impossible for me. I am going to miss him so much.

5 comments:

Rick Beitler said...

My thoughts are with you. End of life is always difficult for everyone. Just love on your Dad these last days you have together, and when it does come, you will know he knew you loved him. And I hope your spirit can find some peace in all this.
Your friend, Rick

My Little Family: said...

Hugs to you Cindy. I lost my Dad 3 years ago and it was sure hard to let go. I still miss him and wish I could tell him about my day.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl ... I am so sorry this is such a long intense drawn out process for both of you.
It will come to an end eventually .. and you will be grieving for some time to come. For now it sounds like your father is peaceful .. not in pain .. and that is the main thing. But you are in such emotional pain .. I am so sorry.
I think of you almost every day and wonder how things have gone.
Take care Cindee ..
Joy

Peggy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time, I have lost both of my parents and know how much a wrench it is.He is not suffering anymore and is at peace.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy