»

Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet Mistletoe



This lovely cat showed up last Fall and hung around the outskirts of our property for several weeks.
As time went by she came closer and I started leaving food for her on the back sidewalk.
I tried to get her to come to me and after a lot of food and coaxing she finally let me get close enough to pet her. Then after that she decided it was time to come closer and get MORE free food. Now she will let me pick her up and pet her but she still remains an outside cat.

Mistletoe prefers to live in the garage. She really likes Nine Lives canned food best but she will eat dry food at times too.

Around Christmas I decided we should name her. That is how she got the name Mistletoe. Mistletoe also has 6 toes on each foot.
Since she has picked us to live with, I guess all we can do is accept it(-:

You may remember our other cat passed away late last summer. I was not planning on getting another cat.

I guess that plan has changed.

Jack has another idea about what we should do with Mistletoe, but we won't go into it in this post.

8 comments:

ferne said...

Our favorite cat is a black manx that adopted us much the same way. He just showed up and slept in the garage...right now though he is sleeping on my bed.

My Little Family: said...

She's beautiful! I am sure that Jack and Eddie could make quick work of Mistletoe - like a street gang, lol.

Wendy Robison said...

Six toed cats are worth a lot of money actually. They are refered to as Hemingway cats also cause those were his favorite kind of cats

Wendy Robison said...

Six toed cats are worth a lot of money actually. They are refered to as Hemingway cats also cause those were his favorite kind of cats

CiNdEe said...

Ferne,
Those are the best cats I think. All our cats were rescues or strays.


My Little Family,
LOL Yup Jack is on it. He can't stand to see her getting CANNED food and he has his dry kibble. He is trying to say Meowwwwwwww. (-:
I told him to quit it or no more puperonies for him.

Wendy,
I did not know that about the 6 toes. I will let her know so she can feel special(-:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl hello there !
I think Mistletoe is one gorgeous cat and she knew what she was doing when she picked YOU !
Jack is going to have to get over himself on this issue right?LOL
You are sounded a bit brighter .. maybe the light staying longer is helping a wee bit too?
I have never had a 6 toed cat .. so that is an extra special gift to you from the cat world .. and Hemingway ? haha
Take care of yourself girl!
Joy : )

Linda Bouffard said...

Hello, I'd love to have you link to What to do weekends Party. Following you also. Linda

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/02/what-to-do-weekends-8.html

Brighid said...

My daughter has had a calico cat with extra toes for 13 years now. She has survived dogs, tractors, harvestors, cows, horses, other cats, and a host of other things. One tough kitty, cranky as all get out, but we all love her.