»

Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Thoughts


It has been cold here and it did rain last night. No snow, although I thought for sure it would. This picture is from our snow before Christmas. Not much but it did make things white.
Not much gardening happening here. I am going to hopefully get another load of compost tomorrow to put out. The last load was rained on last night so that made it all nice and settled in. The roses are going to be so happy this Spring. I hope to see some big beautiful flowers.

last night was a good night for me. I slept fairly well and even though I woke up several times I did not wake up crying. That was a first in a very long time. It is so difficult to watch someone go through cancer unable to do anything to make it go away. It is a long slow process and it just continues to get worse. So that is why I am not doing much gardening or blogging lately. I know you will all understand. It was only six months ago when my friend passed away suddenly. Then just a couple months after that I found out my Dads cancer had taken a turn for the worse. So it has been a terrible time. It has been very hard for me to deal with all this. Soooo I will try to post when I can. Until then I hope you are all hanging in there through these last few months of Winter.

5 comments:

creekside rummager said...

Cinde - I don't blog much anymore but just happened to check today and saw your post. My heart goes out to you. I too have lost loved ones this way. Loss is just darn hard. Take care of yourself.

ferne said...

Cindee ~ So sorry to hear about your loss and hard times. When Spring rolls around I'm sure you will find your garden to be such a comfort. We got a light dusting of snow here the other night, but most of it was gone by the time we got out yesterday. It is really pretty to see everything covered in a fresh new snow, but really I am ready for Spring. I feel like I need a fresh new start at things too, both in my garden and some parts of my life and that is what Spring brings to me. I will be teaching a seed starting class next Sunday and the the Sunday after that at Wyntour. Come by and say "Hi!" if you are feeling up to it. I'd really love to meet you!

Ferne

pink*cherub*moon said...

Cindee, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and for your dad's illness! It is difficult, I know, and can create a constant atmosphere of stress. I hope that you can find a way to cope and care for yourself! Prayers and thoughts are being sent your way! Hugs, Leena

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl .. I am so truly sorry for all these sad times you are going through .. I don't get to a lot of blogs any more .. just not up to it myself . I do try to send e-mails to check up on you, but I meant to add , don't worry about answering .. just know that there are other people thinking of you girl. Hoping you are taking care of yourself .. this stress is so very hard on you, it is important to take CARE of yourself too!
I'm thinking of you girl!
Joy : )

Karen said...

Sorry for your troubles. Sometimes it feels like things hit all at once. We all need time to mourn so take all the time you need. You're also mourning for your dad even though he's still with you. Time will help and so will your garden.