»

Monday, August 13, 2012

It Is So Hot


I think this rabbit says it all. What else can you do when it is 108 degrees? I am sick of the heat and ready for some cooler Fall weather. How about tomorrow?

I can literally watch the plants wilt. I could water 24/7 and they would probably just boil.

Everyday I also have about 6 turkeys that come and stretch out in the yard to cool off. There is no where else to go in this unending Summer heat.
We won't mention what the rabbits eat and what the turkeys destroy by scratching and digging in the garden. It is all just a part of living in the country. I do love most of the critters and I am glad I get to visit with them each day.

3 comments:

Richard Beitler said...

Yes, 2012 will be remembered for its HOT HOT HOT summer and no rain.

creekside rummager said...

I saw that same wilting and feel the need to water, water, water. Hopefully Wed will be better.

CiNdEe said...

The skies are over case with smoke. It is nasty outside and hard to breathe.)-: At least it did not reach 114 like they said it would today. I think I would have opened up the house to all the neighborhood animals. I can't stand to see them so hot. Now people on the other hand is another story..(-: I hope it cools down or rains or both soon...It is scary.