»

Friday, June 22, 2012

My son and I went to a plant sale today at "Simply Plants." It so happens that Yvette, the owner of this lovely business has a daughter who is a friend of my sons.(-: That is how I found out about this business in the first place.
This was my second visit to "Simply Plants." We had a great time visiting Yvette! Thanks for inviting us! We will come back again soon(-:

So...on with the show...Check out what I bought today...

Up first I found this cool Scabiosa. When I got home I noticed the tag was missing so I can't tell you which one it is, but it looks a lot like
Ace of Spades. So until I find out, I will just go with that name.(-:

Next is a plant or should I say bulb I have wanted for a long time. Now hopefully I can keep it going for years to come. This is an Allium Drumstick. Can't wait to see it when it opens(-:


I found this picture on pinterest. I thought they looked a lot like Alliums. Looks like they are made out of chicken wire. I would love to make some of these. I might have to try working on some.(-:

This plant speaks for itself but of course you may not know the name. Which I do so let me share. It is a Echinacea "Hot Summer." I love these plants.(-:


I also got a Chocolate Ball Sedum but I didn't get a close up of it. I will try to do that tomorrow.(-:

Here are some daylily blooms from my garden today. Once again I don't know the names of these but they are pretty so that is really all that matters to me.(-: Names are just words anyhow. I will call these beautiful.(-:


4 comments:

pink*cherub*moon said...

Beautiful flowers! I really hope to get out this weekend and buy some new plants for my garden too! Have fun with them! Hugs, Leena

Darla said...

Very nice blooms today. I love Pinchushion flowers, mine is not doing so great..I hope you have better lick with the chocolate ball sedum too.

ferne said...

I am going to have to find Simply Plants, for shopping and maybe even a job. Looks like job hunting is in my future as the nursery in Red Bluff will be "consolidating" and moving all our merchandise to Wyntour Gardens in the next month. There will be a big sale though along the way after the 4th of July until August so stop by if you want some more plants! We are pretty stocked right now...lots of rudbeckias, no black scabiosa though, those are cool!

GRACE PETERSON said...

I want that white daylily. Love the garden ornaments.