»

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chicks On The Roost





Time to rise and shine! The little girls moved out with the big girls over the weekend. There was not one altercation! I was very impressed with my older hens. They accepted the new girls with open wings.(-: I worried there would be many pulled feathers and bad feelings. Even the rooster seemed pleased to have a new group of young ladies moving into his harem! (-: So all is well. By next fall they should all be laying nice eggs!
I was down to six hens so having a new batch will really be nice. There is nothing better then fresh eggs from the hens you raise. There is no comparison to store bought eggs. We found that we couldn't even eat store bought eggs after having our own fresh eggs. Even when they say free range on the carton. They were still not the same!
Happy hens lay nice eggs and I would say my hens are extremely happy and spoiled rotten!(-:

1 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

I have never had a fresh egg so I guess I am in a way , lucky not to ? Other wise I could not eat store eggs? LOL ... glad all the girls and boy are getting along !
Joy