»

Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Rain Gage


My daughter got it for me from Plow and Hearth. It is so cute. It rained a lot last week. Since I got the rain gage on Tuesday it rained a little over 2 inches here. It was very nice. All my plants are growing like crazy! Of course the weeds enjoyed it also.(-:
I am sad to report my duck has flown the coup. She was frightened yesterday and flew out somehow. I do have bird netting over her pen but she got out anyhow. So...I looked and looked for her at the ponds nearby the house but she was no where to be found. I hope she comes home. I worried all night about her. We have had her for 6 years. She has flown off a few times and I have always managed to find her. Sometimes weeks later. So I won't give up hope of ever seeing her again. It is just really sad for me since she is a dear pet/friend. She was a house duck for the most part. She was house trained and would sit on a towel while inside. (-: She loved to hang out with people so it is kinda weird she would leave...but it is Spring and maybe she decided after all these years she wants to be a Mommy? I hope she stays safe and returns to us again!

2 comments:

Darla said...

You appear to be enjoying your new toy!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Oh my gosh Cindee ! I would love this frog ... I have a thing for frogs and this is a total cutie !!
Joy