»

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The New Lady of the Garden





OMG I found this beautiful lady at the Spring Roses and Rust Vintage Market.
I fell instantly in love with her of course.(-:
I paid 48.00 for her, which I thought was a total steal! I couldn't wait to get her home and "fixed up." I added that nice hair~do to her head.(-:

Of course I did a little looking online for some history of her Click Here. She also had a "man" and the pair sold for 1250.00!!! They are from 1960.
I know you are all thinking well why would you put that outside? But some of you may remember that I have wanted a "garden head planter" for~everrrrrrrrr! I finally have my beautiful lady and I am going to display her in the garden as soon as weather permits(-: I will put her on my patio table under the patio umbrella to protect her from the harse rays of the sun. That way I will also be able to see her through the windows whenever I look outside(-:

I also found an old industrial light that I will make a new lampshade flower out of. I can't wait to do that too! Over all it was a very successful weekend!(-:

5 comments:

GRACE PETERSON said...

She's very pretty in her new do. I'm so glad she found a home in your garden. What a steal!

creekside rummager said...

Sounds like you had great fun at Roses and Rust and your lady is beautiful. I thought about going - but it is a long drive for one day.

ferne said...

I love her! It's always fun to see what you are up to in your garden.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl all I can say is WOW !!
I so wish we had a place like that .. and to find such a gorgeous woman head is perfect for you girl !
That is a good way to protect her .. you will get so much pleasure watching her .. the "Do" is also absolutely perfect !
You struck GOLD when you found her girl : ) congratulations !!!
Joy

Darla said...

I love this and the string of bananas is perfect hair!