»

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update

I have been sick for over a week with the flu/bronchitis. I hope I start feeling better soon.)-: I hate being sick! SO much to do and not feeling good is not a good thing at all.
Before I got sick however I put down a yard of pea gravel and a yard of compost. So I was happy about that. I have my bed garden pretty well done except for a few more odds and ends of plants. I bought three pretty red azaleas and I am excited to see them bloom. Should be pretty against the blue house. I also put an old grain feeder in that grouping. I planted some mondo grass in it because I wanted something that was spikey and would be green all year. I have a overabundance of the stuff so why not? I know what some people might say. Living where I do it makes sense to use what will work instead of trying to put things in that won't. Mondo grass loves me. Hard to believe that 20+ years ago I got a little clump from my Great Aunt who passed away last November at age 105. She would be laughing to see how well it did here!

Well time to get moving. Have a great day!

4 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

Sorry you've been so sick.

Also sorry to hear about your aunt.

Take care,
Ramona

creekside rummager said...

You'll be out in the garden again before you know it - just take care of yourself now.

Lea said...

105 - what a wonderful old age!
May you inherit your Aunt's longevity gene as well as her gardening gene!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl HELLO THERE !!!
I meant to e-mail and ask how the wedding went .. you are amazing with all that you do .. I need you over here to help me get my garden in order girl !
It sounds like this bed is going to be beautiful : ) and I can't imagine your grass starting out so long ago and your aunt would be chuckling over how you have kept it going like that !
Well done you !!
Joy : )
Make sure to slow down and really take CARE of yourself !!!