»

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Bright Idea

I found some old light bulbs, (they are large, about 12 inches tall.) and decided to try to make something out of them. I have seen them used as vases etc. I wanted to do something for Valentines Day.

I had a hard time trying to get the top off. It is ceramic. I finally decided I would need to drill it. So I got the ceramic drill bit on the drill and drilled away. Drill Baby, Drill...you know the saying...(-:

I bought the vintage valentine on eBay. I also got the rubber stamps on eBay and stamped my own tags. Amazing what you can find on that place. I typed in light bulb and *poof* there was a light bulb valentine just for me...(-: Of course waiting till it got here was hard because I couldn't do anything until I had that valentine in my hand. Then I got creative.(-:

I couldn't figure out how to stand the valentine up inside until my husband suggested sticking the pick of hearts in and glueing it to that. I decided glueing it to that would be to hard and came up with the shredded paper idea instead...but I did like his idea of the pick standing outside the light bulb. So...here is the finished project. Happy early Valentines Day!(-:




The tag says "You Light Up My Life" The other one is a picture of a light bulb incase you can't see it.(-: Of course you can click on the pictures to make them bigger if you want too(-:

4 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

You are so creative!

I like it.

creekside rummager said...

I agree, you are really creative.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Very cool. Do you do Pinterest?

Meadowview Thymes said...

That is way too cute Cindee! You are the most creative person I know!