»

Friday, November 4, 2011

New Project in the Works

No pictures yet though. Hope it works out because I am excited to get it all finished. Rain is in the forecast, so not sure I can work on it this weekend.

I am copying an idea I saw on The Creative Gardener
Thanks Jacque for the inspiration(-:

I am putting this into my old bed frame and calling it a "Shade Bed."(-:
What do you think of that idea?(-:
My husband didn't think it was a good idea. He thought it was fine the way it was. He just has no imagination.(-: I think it will be fun.


I got the very old box springs from my dad. With the help of my husband, adding extra wood to the frame to accommodate it, it was laid to rest in it's final resting spot. It even has the price tag still on it!



Like I said...real old. Imagine sleeping on it! (-:

Anyhow, now I am going to add the "shades" to the bed. I had a hard time finding just the right way to set them in the ground. I tried rebar but I decided that was to thick. So I am going with a 1/4" steel rod from Lowes that will eventually rust to perfection! You will have to use your imagination here.(-: Hopefully it all works and I can get some pictures soon! Wish me luck!


Incase you were wondering...
I found the lampshades at thrift stores and the Salvation Army for 1.00- 2.00 each depending on how messed up they were. I am sure the people were wondering why I wanted a ripped up shade. If they only knew...(-: I had a blast looking for them and then stripping off the fabric. It was actually fun. I keep looking for special shades to add to the collection.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

GRACE PETERSON said...

I look forward to more photos. Knowing you the project will be awesome.

The Japanese Redneck said...

It will be neat to see it when it's finished.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Are you finished?? I keep checking for pictures! :)