»

Friday, November 25, 2011

New Fan Flower


This one is from an OLD boxfan I had as a kid growing up. Super heavy duty! It was discarded at my Dads. So I dug it out of it's retirement and had my brother help me get it out of the box.
I had to drill out the center so I could mount it on the pole. Piece of cake? Well not really. It took a long time to drill it out. (-:
They use to make things better back in the old days...(-: Everything was metal and steel. No plastic, pieces of junk back then...(-: This thing wouldn't have fallen over in a wind storm.(-: I knew I wanted to make this last summer but I didn't have time to do it. So glad I had a few days off this week(-:
It's finally all done and up in the back yard.(-: I might add some leaves at a later date. Not sure.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Brighid said...

Really like your fan flower...does it turn in the wind?
Hi to Jack from Gus.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hey Cindee girl !
You are so right about things being so much sturdier and built with real metal than what junk we have today .. that fan flower is going to stay put together forever! And it will look just right where ever you put it : )
Joy

Lona said...

It is just the cutest Cindee. You are right about them making things to last years ago. Leaves would be nice on it too but it looks good like it is. I have not made anything for a couple years now.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a great weekend.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Brighid,
It does not turn. The blades are to far separated so they would just tangle on the pole.
Jack says hi to Gus(-:

Hi Joy,
I know everything is made cheaply so we can buy new every couple of years.)-:

Hi Lona,
I am on a roll the last few weeks. I must have the creating bug(-: But not enough time to do what I want!
I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Oh my goodness---I LOVE it!! You are so talented Cindee! I so enjoy seeing all the wonderful things you create!

The Japanese Redneck said...

Neat, I have a few fans that I might try to makes something out of!