»

Monday, November 21, 2011

Great Horned Owl Visit

I was watching Dancing With The Stars and all of a sudden I heard a loud bang. A great horned owl had flown into the sliding glass door after the parakeet who sits by the door. It was pretty exciting. It is a young owl and I am hoping it was my little friend from last Spring. He sure was sweet.

WE had a little talk about why he should not try to catch my parakeet.(-:


He seemed to understand...(-:


Letting Go...)-:


He left me a little present to remember him by...(-:

6 comments:

pink*cherub*moon said...

How cool! Well, not the fact that he doodied on your car, but that you were able to be that close to such a incredible creature. Lay off the parakeet tho', buster! LOL! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Leena

The Japanese Redneck said...

Beautiful bird! Glad he was okay!

Lona said...

Well it must have looked like an easy meal anyway. LOL! Glad that it didn't get hurt. I am always amazed st the number of owls you have around your place. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving Cindee.

Netty said...

Wow...what a beautiful creature! I've never even seen an owl much less gotten to hold one. So glad it didn't get hurt.

cherry said...

He's beautiful..Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours.
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

CanadianGardenJoy said...

OMG !! Cindee girl I am just catching up on your posts (I had a visit to the ER on Monday and I am trying to sort myself out again)
You know how I love your owl posts and this is fantastic ! .. not the present he left you of course .. but WOW ! Holding him .. chatting with him .. then he flys out of your hands like that .. it is awesome girl !!
Joy : )