»

Monday, September 5, 2011

End of Summer Craziness(-:

Squirrel taking a look around the tree to see if the turkeys left yet(-:

Weird time to have a new bunch of baby turkeys but they did and they have brought them over for a visit and of course to eat the seed I put out(-:


A new project. I made these out of the wire basket thing that goes into the canning pot. I used wire to wire them to rebar and I cut off the handles and bent them onto the rebar for leaves. I posted the before and after picture below.

The handle

The wire "basket" thing that the jars sit on when inside the canning pot.

The finished flowers were hard to get a good picture of. The sun was shining but they are wire so it didn't show up well in any of the pictures I took. I guess you will have to use your imagination(-: They do look cute around my tree though(-:




My Dad helped weld this huge heavy D8 CAT fan onto a poll so I could put it in my garden. I am sure he thinks I have lost my mind but I think it looks awesome(-: Thanks to my husband and my Dad for all that hard labor. Getting it set into the hole and cementing it in was a breeze compared to that. It was a hot day and I think we all got a little dehydrated from that experience(-:

5 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl I have never seen anyone as creative as you are with such unusual materials to work with .. you are a craft artist if ever I have seen one girl !
I wish I could see your place in person .. I don't think the pictures do your projects justice!
I have never seen baby turkeys!!
To have them there must be a real hoot .. doesn't Jack want to chase them ? LOL

Lola said...

Don't think I've seen baby turkeys. Are they wild? Cute the squirrel is checking to see if they have gone.
Love you yard art. I have an old caner with the insert. Good idea. The fan, awesome.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Joy,
Glad you enjoyed the new creations!
Jack doesn't even look at the turkeys...but the squirrels are a whole different story(-: LOL

Hi Lola,
Yes they are wild. They come and eat here everyday. That was the first day they brought their little ones that I saw. They could have been here before with them but I may have been at work and missed it.
The canner flower is easy to do with just a little bit of wire(-: No welding involved although it would be nice if I could weld(-:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee you may have to "mail" Jack for me over here we have the most brazen egocentric squirrels in the world .. I swear they LAUGH at me !! haha

The Japanese Redneck said...

I luv the fan on the pole.