»

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Daze

This summer is flying by, like the speed of light. I am working this summer which is totally weird to me since I have not worked in the summer since before I had my daughter. She is 24 now! Wow the years fly by! Its amazing!
Anyhow, this summer I was asked to help out at my husbands office so I said I would. Even though it's only part time it takes the whole day! By the time I get ready for work...go to work and then get home, the day is mostly over. It puts a damper on my gardening to say the least!

The weather has been totally awesome though, and I am enjoying my flowers more then ever before. They seem to love the cool weather. Well really who doesn't???(-:
Usually at this time of the year it is in the mid 100's. This time though we are in the 80's! It is so nice. Next week the weather will be 90+ degrees and then of course I am sure it will be 100+ again! I need to get out and enjoy it while I can!

Another thing I did this year that has SAVED the flowers is I bought several soaker hoses and spread them through the flower gardens. I turn them on and let the roots get a good drink each day. They get hit by the sprinklers everyday too, but its not enough obviously! Usually,it is extremely hot and dry here. We also have huge trees in the yard that suck up every form of moisture available! I wouldn't have it any other way though. The trees are a life saver for sure! They really cool things off during our long hot summers! The raking in the fall is an adventure, but when I think of how hot it was here when we first built our house, I always feel thankful we planted them!

So anyhow without anymore more explanations here is whats is going on in my garden!!!!

This is a new project. More Pan Flowers. I have been rusting up the two and I just got the other one yesterday at the Salvation Army. I drive right by there everyday on the way to and from work. I have been stopping in once a week to check on what they have. Now I need to get some conduit pipe to finish these flowers up(-: I will post pictures when they are all mounted and standing proudly!




































6 comments:

creekside rummager said...

Things look wonderful Cindee. Our summer weather has been so wonderful. Like your garden - mine is loving this weather. Me too. I couldn't believe in the middle of July, I was watching TV the other night with a blanket over me. Hope you find time to enjoy your lovely garden.

Brighid said...

Cindee, your garden looks so great. Ours is doing well too with all the beautiful weather. I can't say that very loud as the farmer son-in-law is not happy about the lack of heat to ripen the crops...so just kinda keep in under your hat. Garden on!

Lola said...

Sure will be glad to see your new "flowers". Hope you do get some rain. We are getting plenty as we are in our monsoon time.
Love you flower pics especially the crab with it's "hair".

Grace said...

Look at that baby frog! So cute! I know what you mean about trees. They are invaluable, aren't they? I wouldn't be without mine and every year I get more shade which I love. I hope the weather stays cool for you. Your photos are gorgeous.

The Japanese Redneck said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Can't wait to see what you make.

Mary Joy said...

Your flower garden is so beautiful. Among the flowers that were posted, my favorite is the orange color, I believe it's a lily flower. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cool site!

Mary Joy from video-guitar-lessons-personal-teacher