»

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yesterday evening after I got off work, I ventured out to where my owlets are living. They have new digs across the road.
Not many years ago the property was owned by my dad, but he sold it. Now it belongs to a yet to be built, industrial park.)-: Eventually, there will be more traffic and more humans in the area. I guess it's good for the owls to get use to all that, so they can adapt.(-:

The two owlets which I think are female seemed to be much more concerned about my recent visit. They flew off after I approached them. Although, it could be because they were on the ground.
The third one which I believe is a male, was not in sight so I had to do a little looking around for him. He was there in a nearby tree watching me.(-:

Why do I feel the other two are female? Well in the past, with the other nesting owls, the female always seemed more flighty. The male would sit on a branch and look at me. The females are also bigger then the males. It's just my opinion and I could be wrong but, I am going to think that for now(-:










10 comments:

Jester said...

Thats just so cool!!!

The Japanese Redneck said...

Neat, I just luv them.

Rick a.k.a. Rabone said...

So, are these huge, nearly adult "owlet's" still being fed by their parents?

creekside rummager said...

They are very cute. Wouldn't you just love to know what they are thinking as they are watching you. You are such a regular visitor, they seem to learned something - they don't immediately fly away.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the comments!!!

Yup the parents still take care of their little precious babies(-:
Meanwhile the owlets play(-: Typical kids.!!!(-:

Lola said...

They sure have grown & sooooo cute. I would love to be able to watch them.

ZZ said...

That's really neat!

Especially that you were able to get so close to them.

flowergardengirl said...

Cindee--I have a question to ask you about using your photos for a project I'm working on. I lost your email somehow--will you contact me--I've got a contact button on my site--just under my photo.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl OMG ! I would so love to see these owls in person ! They .. he? looks big to me and so full of character : ) makes me feel a little Halloweeny in fact ! LOL
I'm sorry there will be more people and noise in your area .. it must have been so nice just to have peace and quiet to enjoy there.
Have you had any more cow issues ?
I remember some grumbling about your daughter forgetting to close the gate and cows popped up in your yard a lot ? LOL
Joy : )

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

The little owl family is so cute! They seem to be quite comfortable with you.

xxoo