»

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where Is Spring?


It hailed here yesterday! Not just a little bit, but a huge amount! It was all white outside! I took this picture of the bird feeder so you could see the size of the hail! It is unusual at anytime, let alone Spring! We normally do not get hail here. Since Friday, it has hailed several times around town! This was the first hail that hit my yard!
Then in Maxwell, California there was a tornado! All very strange for this area of CA. It is cold. I mean we have had to have a fire to heat the house and here it is the middle of March! By now, we usually have mostly sunny days, and wonderful planting weather. Hopefully soon it will happen, because this gardener is going crazyyyyyyy(-:
Since I am stuck inside, I decided to make another mirror mosaic window. I am about 1/3 of the way done. I will post pictures when it's finished(-:

9 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

Crazy weather. We went from Winter to Summer all in a day.....

ferne said...

That hail was really weird wasn't it? We actually still have some because it is so cold out there. Crazy! Hey, we are planning to have an Art in the Garden day at the nursery and I have shown your blog to the girl running the nursery and she loves your ideas as do I! Anyway do you mind if we borrow a few or would you like to come down and give us some tips? We are planning a bed right now if the weather would ever get nice so we can plant it...we are making a quilt with pansies and lettuce because that is what we have a lot of right now...

Drop me a line or more at fernewatt@gmail.com

Grace Peterson said...

Yep. I agree, Cindee. I decided to start a mosaic myself since the freaking weather is so detestable. At least the plants are starting to come back.

Can't wait to see your mosaic.

Meadowview Thymes said...

We are all having crazy weather I guess. It is getting warm enough here we may have to turn on the a/c--and I hate turning it on before May! No rain though--we are starting drought conditions I am afraid.

ZZ said...

It's been really cold here in my area of California.

And on the news the other day, there was a funnel cloud in the Bay Area.

Just a sign of the times.

Can't wait to see the mosaic pictures.

creekside rummager said...

I am so with you. I guess the up side is I've been sick and haven't felt like I was missing great weather activities. It just keeps raining. You probably had snow like we did last Fri.

Sheila said...

Cold in Southern California too!

Lola said...

Yep, crazy weather all over.
My cousin lives in Southern Calif.
Be glad to see the mosaic.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl you are NOT alone .. it is colder than usual in the GWN here .. and we are all sick of being kept indoors with such nippy weather ... my garden is screaming for a clean up !
BUT ... WOW !! on your weather ... that is a shocker !! keep warm girl ! and Spring has to come some time right ? LOL
Joy : )