»

Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Thoughts






Got up early yesterday and made some blueberry muffins. I had never made them before and supposedly they were a hit at my husbands office(-:
As you might recall I am on a sugar free diet so they were not something I could eat.)-: They smelled so good though. But, I refrained from eating even one bite!

Also yesterday, I shoveled two garbage cans of loam and unloaded it into an area I was filling in to plant some grass. Lets just say I worked my A$$ off!
After I put the rocks down for the new pathway and the around the tree planter last month, there was a depression in the ground that remained around the rocks.
I use to have it all filled in with pinecones around the tree, but removed them last year and had never filled in the area. So at least that project is done and I can get busy on something else(-:

There is always something to get started on right? (-: Working in the garden keeps my mind off sweets and my body working out and getting in shape(-: It's a win win situation(-:



post signature

6 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

Hey that's being cruel to yourself, fixin' sweets and not gettin' any!

Does sound like you were very busy.

creekside rummager said...

Those look yummy. I like garden exercise - beats a machine.

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Yum! They look so tasty Cindee. Take care of your back while you are working out there in the garden.

RainGardener said...

Yum Cindee. I think Blueberry Muffins were one of the first things I ever learned to make in Home Ec (scones was first). You're so lucky to be able to work outside. What it's not horribly cold there? Haven't talked to Bob's Mom lately to find out. I guess I can work out here too but I'm just such a pansy in the cold. ;-)

Grace Peterson said...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday as I hauled leaves into the wheelbarrow. Who needs the gym when you're a gardener?

Still I would have been tempted by those yummy muffins. Nice going, girl.

Lola said...

Those muffins sure look good. I can't have them either. Boo Hoo.
I did manage to do some pruning between showers. Looks like the weather isn't going to be nice for a few days. Drat.