»

Thursday, January 13, 2011


I am adding to my post...(-: And believe me this is about all that is blooming here. LOL Its been cold and raining for quite a while. I did hear today was suppose to be clear and sunny. It's still dark out so I can't tell. I sure hope it is!!!
Happy Fertilizer Friday!!!
Be sure to clicky here to see all the other wonderful posts at Tootsies(-:

And... yes it is my BiRtHdAy!!! I hit the BIG 50! I can't believe it! Yikessssssss(-:


Geez, the yard looks terrible this time of the year. Everything is dead but at least I have my garden junk to keep me happy.(-:
I just finished this "sunwheelflower." You can see it's made out of an old bike wheel/tire that I mounted on an old piece of rusty pole.
I then drilled holes in it and added the leaves, which I cut out of old rusty tin roofing material. I used barbed wire untwisted for the stems.
I drilled holes in the leaves and threaded the wire through to hold them on to the "stem".
No glue or welding required!(-: Super easy and fun project(-:

post signature

9 comments:

Tootsie said...

I LOVE IT!!!! link it into FF!!! I love this!

The Japanese Redneck said...

It's neat. My yard looks horrible......

creekside rummager said...

I love your sunwheelflower. Very creative as usual. I SO relate to what you said about the state of our gardens. I need to work in the garden, but it is so wet and cold, I just haven't gotten out there much.

creekside rummager said...

I forgot to add HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope you have a great day!

Lola said...

Love the art work. Wish I was half as talented.
Happy Birthday. May you have many more.

CiNdEe said...

Thanks everyone for the comments! It was fun to make and it will look cool when all the plants are growing and blooming under it this Spring/Summer(-: How long is that? I am getting Spring Fever(-:

CiNdEe said...

Lola,
I got your message about the violet! For some reason I could not click on your name and get to your blog! Anyhow I wanted to say that my violet died after it fell over and all the leaves broke off. I tried to baby it along but finally gave up and threw it away. It was rotted. I felt really sad so I am glad it is still partly alive living at your house!!!(-:

Grace Peterson said...

Dear CiNdEe, Happy big 50!!! I turned 50 in November so we're practically twins. I love, love, love your yard art. More photos of it please. It is so inspiring. My lust for rust is coming out.

My garden is gross right now if it's any consolation.

Brighid said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Your garden art is just super. I have been out in the garden raking leaves, and hacking at the ivy trying it's darndest to kill one of the trees by the house.