»

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Screech Owl Neighbor


Isn't this just about the cutest little owl you have ever seen?(-:
I waited outside till it got dark for him to pop out and get his picture. Sure enough as soon as it was dark enough he poked his head out. I took about 6 pictures and this one turned out the best(-: I am thrilled that he/she is living there so close to my house. Its a total thrill! I hope there is a mate close by and they have a family! Anyhow had to share this new picture with you!

post signature

8 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Is that house made specifically for owls? Either way, very cool.

Lola said...

He/she is so cute. Hope he/she stays around.

wildflower said...

Awww, what a precious little creature. So sweet!

Cinj said...

Very cute. I have all of these plans to make homes for owls, bats, bees, butterflies, and birds and I have yet to do any of them. I'd love more wildlife neighbors, too bad I'm such a scatter brain!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Cindee girl you are too right !
That is the cutest owl I have ever seen and you are so lucky to have one living that close .. I would love to hear it in person do the "hoot hoot" thing .. especially in October .. near Halloween ?? LOL
I sent an e-mail to you girl ;-)

Meadowview Thymes said...

We never see owls here--except for that one time....Hubby came and got me to follow him outside. There sitting on the water faucet was the cutest baby owl I have ever seen. We kept an eye on him as he moved into one of the trees. In just a couple of days he flew off. We never knew why he visited and just hoped he made it to his destination. So cute!!

The Japanese Redneck said...

That's a good neighbor to have.

Phyllis said...

Hi Cindee,

I haven't visited in ages and just read your post about the eagles. What an amazing and sad story. I hope the other one survived. you were brave to help them; I would have had to do the same thing.

Lucky you having a little screech owl living by.