Sunday, June 20, 2010

Spheres

These are made from recycled whiskey barrel rings. The more rust the better(-:
My dear brother collects these for me and I had a pile of them waiting to be used!
I decided it would be a good day to put them together.(-:
All I did was drill a hole on the top and the bottom of each ring. Then I bolted them all together. You need two bolts, two washers, and two nuts for each end.
You can even put an eye hook in one end and hang it. They are pretty heavy when all together so you would need to find a place that would hold them.

Once you get the hang of getting them together they go together faster. The first one or two you make will be challenging, but don't get discouraged! The end result is worth the extra effort(-:

If nothing else, they sure make a good conversation piece(-:

Here are the 7 I made on Saturday(-:

Of course Jack had to give it his paw of approval!



Sitting in a tree...





post signature

No comments: