»

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Mosaic Mirror



I made this one a tad different then the last. I cut the mirror tiles more square and bigger. It was faster to do and I like the look of the frame too. The original mirror was from the Salvation Army. I sprayed it black and antiqued it. It is a hard plastic frame. I just mosaiced right over the original mirror. It hangs outside on my patio.

I also got a new bottle tree put up in the old ones place. The original peach tree finally rotted off and it had to be cut down. A new lodge pole was put in near where the peach tree was taken out and I am really enjoying it! I was sure to get a lodge pole that was not perfectly straight! It wasn't to hard to find one and I am sure the cashier was wondering why I wanted a tweaked one(-: I like things that aren't perfect as you may know(-: Anyhow I will take a picture when the rain stops falling!

Well vacation is over and I am looking forward to Summer Vacation!!!(-: There is never enough time to do what I want to do when I work.(-: It also seems like time really flies along when I am at school and that's another reason I enjoy Summer so much(-: I love to stay at home doing whatever I want to do(-: Some people probably think that is boringgggggggg but to me that is what makes me happy! Last year I filled my car up with gas one time, the whole Summer vacation!(-: Boating trips require the Explorer(-:

post signature

8 comments:

Nola @ the Alamo said...

That one looks great, too! I wish I had the talent to do things like that; they just never turn out right for me.

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

What a gem you made Cindee. I like the larger squares with the frame too. You are so crafty.

Meadowview Thymes said...

The mirror looks great!
I understand exactly how you feel Cindee! I don't have many days I can just "stay home", but I love it when I do. That is not at all boring to me! Summer will be here before you know it!

The Japanese Redneck said...

I luv it. Looking forward to seeing your new bottle tree!

Brighid said...

Glad your back and love the mosaic mirror.

Kudzu said...

oh,nice!! i love how they're laid out,too!

oh, your bottle tree finally gave up the ghost! i hope none of your blue bottles broke. i'm getting a 4x4 post bottle tree......well, i'm supposed to; spikes have been bought, the 4x4 is outside waiting.....LOL

kudzu/cherry

creekside rummager said...

That is a great tree. When the page 1st came up and I glimpsed it, I thought it was a flower.

cherry said...

I'm going to sneak into your garden and steal your mirrors and the new bottle tree ..lol What fun I love seeing what you are up to!

hugs from Savannah, Cherry