»

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Dreams


Raindrops fall,
In a steady stream,
I sit by,
My window,
And dream.
Eyes closed,
A cloudless sky,
Warm sunbeams,
Embrace and sigh.

A fresh,
Spring day,
No more gloom.
In the field,
Wildflowers bloom,
Butterflies,
Flutter by,
An owl hoots,
A red tail cries,

Oriole nests,
Hanging in trees,
Birds flying,
The buzzing of bees.
Fresh mowed grass,
Seeds,
Sprouting anew,
A robins nest with,
Eggs of blue.

My dream is over,
I wake,
From sleep,
It's late,
Darkness creeps,
Rain falls,
The fire glows,
Outside,
The wind still blows.

~ by cindee ~










post signature

8 comments:

just jody said...

great poem cindee.........

CiNdEe said...

Thanks Jody(-:

Tom Bailey said...

I liked this part the best.

"A cloudless sky,
Warm sunbeams,
Embrace and sigh.

A fresh,
Spring day,
No more gloom."


I like this work.

Tom Bailey

Grace Peterson said...

Hi Cindee~~ Why is it we have to wake up? LOL How are you doing now that the rain has finally let up? At least the torrents. Your birdbath and um, what is that exactly? Whatever it is I like it. :)

Meadowview Thymes said...

Wonderful winter poem! I can hear the rain and feel the wind! :)

CiNdEe said...

Hi Tom Bailey,
Glad you like the poem(-: It is so nice to hear that my poem writing is making someone smile(-:

Hi Grace Peterson,
Well another storm is coming I hear. Its been raining pretty much non stop here. Heavier at times. I am so happy though because the ground is finally getting soaked!!!!

Hi Meadowview Thymes,
Thank You!!! I am glad you enjoyed it!!

The Japanese Redneck said...

I like your poem. That's a cute critter in the bird bath.

Lola said...

Yeah Cindee,That is a cute critter in your bird bath. What does it have in it. I saw the horse shoes. ??????