Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snowman Poem

While I was busy sewing and crafting away on the little snow guys I came up with this little poem. I started it on NYE(-: Not sure it deserves a new post but what the heck...its a new year after all...(-:


The stars are out.

The sky is clear.

A blue moon shines,

It’s a brand New Year!



My scarf is tucked close,

Wrapped snug on my neck.

For what I don’t know,

I am cold as heck.



I am frozen stiff.

With a smile on my face,

Buttons of coal, and,

A hat, stuck in place.



As the temperature warms,

And the days grow long,

I will melt away,

But I won’t be gone.



For in your heart,

You will feel me near.

The fun times we had,

Will be remembered all year!

~ by cindee ~


post signature

10 comments:

mothernaturesgarden said...

Love your sweet poem.

jodi (bloomingwriter) said...

What a happy poem! I'll try to remember that when I'm muttering at the snow tomorrow...;-)

Kudzu said...

sweet!
I missed lots of blog posts, and I sure had to go back and see what you were doing from the start!
What a great set of snowmen, I sure do love that they have legs!

kudzu/cherry

happy new year!

creekside rummager said...

You are just TOO talented. Very cute. Thanks for sharing.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Mothernaturesgarden,
Thank You(-:

Hi Jodi,
Thanks!
I know snow is a pain when trying to do anything but look at it(-:

Hi Kudzu,
Thanks!! The snowmen were really fun to make(-:

Hi creekside rummager,
Thank You(-: When I sew I have a lot of time to think...(-:

The Japanese Redneck said...

Very cute poem. I need to sit down and sew.

My sister gave me an old wedding dress she got from someone. I want to make a show jacket out of it.

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Oh, Cindee what a wonderful poem for your snowmen.Clever lady.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Cindee--girl is there anything you can't do? :)
The snowmen are precious--just that primitive style I love.
And now you are writing poetry--wow! Wish I had just an ounce of your talent! :)

Tootsie said...

good stuff girlie!!! you always make me smile!

GardenJoy4Me said...

Perfect poem girl ! Those snowmen had you thinking way outside the box .. inspiration indeed girl : )
Joy : )
PS .. did I mention Halloween is only 298 days away ?? LOL