»

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Fun With Winter


Did you feel that?
That drip upon your head?
It came from up above.
The ancient grey pine said.

It soaked up in my branches
It slid along my trunk.
It rolled down my needles,
Preparing to fall, kerplunk!

It started in the sky.
The gloomy darkness called.
It began as water droplets
That became a cold dense fog.

I don't care where it came from
Said the toad in a whirl.
I just need to find an umbrella
To give my dear, sweet, girl.

Don't worry about a shelter,
To shield your girl from harm.
Come sit, under my canopy,
She'll be safe inside your arms.

~ by cindee ~


I hope you are enjoying my corny poems(-: I am going to be working on Valentines Day decorations the rest of the week so hopefully I will have something to share on Friday!
Enjoy the rest of your week!!!(-:

post signature

7 comments:

Grace Peterson said...

I wouldn't call this corny at all, Cindee. It's sweet. And so apropos this time of year? Rain and fog? Yep, on the daily menu.

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

I DO love your poems. I've been know to write quite a few on my blog, as well! Some things just seem to deserve a poem, and I love this one! Waiting for the "thaw"!

Cozy Little House said...

I'd never read that poem before! Tis quite apt (for my region) and very sweet!
Brenda

CiNdEe said...

Hi Grace,
Thanks I am glad you liked the poem(-: I have been bored so I am trying new things to do(-:

Hi Jan,
Poems are fun to write(-: It does keep me busy and gives me something to do(-:

Hi Cozy Little House,
You haven't read this one cuz I just wrote it(-: Fun stuff here in Cindees Garden this month...lol(-:

Anna/Flowergardengirl™ said...

Cindee, you are good at everything. I think that means you can find just about anything to do. I liked your poem.

Kudzu said...

I love the poems. You paint beautiful pictures with words :D

kudzu

The Japanese Redneck said...

Looking forward to see what you create.