»

Monday, January 25, 2010

Lemon Bars 4 Your Valentine



When I was a kid my friend made these delightful treats for us on several occasions. I just had to get the recipe and make them. Well that was, lets see...nearly 40 years ago! I make them all the time and nothing is better when you are craving something tasty!
If you would like to try making them here is the recipe!
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
Use a pastry cutter and cut the ingredients together until it is well blended. Then spread into a 9X12 Pyrex dish forming it up the sides. This is your crust.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 mins.
While the above is cooking prepare the mixture below in your mixer:
Start by beating:
4 Eggs
Add:
5 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 Regular sized lemon rinds grated
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 Cups of Sugar
Pour over the crust and
Bake for 25 mins. in a 350 degree oven.
It should be a golden brown on top and not runny when you gently move the pan. If it is not quite cooked, leave in the oven another 5 mins. Let cool completely before you cut the squares with a sharp knife.

This batch is actually going to a guy my husband works with. He said he hasn't had homebaked goodies like mine since his Mom was alive. I thought that was a pretty nice compliment(-: It deserves a batch of Lemon Bars for sure!!! They just happen to be his favorite(-:

post signature

5 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

What a nice thing for you to do. They look great. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors. I'll pick it over chocolate any day.

ferne said...

I love lemon bars so I copied this recipe. Looks like a great one! Thanks for sharing! We will have to meet one day, maybe at one of the nearby nurseries!

CiNdEe said...

Hi Japanese Redneck,
Thanks(-: They are very yummy! I could eat the whole batch myself!!!(-:

Hi Ferne,
I am sure you will enjoy the recipe. Its a good one(-:
Its cold here. I bet it is snowing up in the hills!!!
That would be fun to meet up at the local nursery!(-:

Meadowview Thymes said...

Yum, yum!! I love Lemon Bars. Wish I could reach right through this computer and grab one! :)

My Little Family: said...

your recipe sounds yummier than mine but i do like the powdered sugar on top of mine