»

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My First Christmas Gift

I am making this gift for work. It is the Secret Santa gift exchange. The theme this week is something inspirational or something like that. I thought this was a good idea. I have more work to do on it and will share pictures when finished(-:
I got the letters painted on the pot this morning and antiqued/sanded the whole thing. I plan to add a bow of some sort and some brown shredded paper for the "dirt"
I have a pitch fork and shovel and a small wreath I could also add to the bow if I use raffia. I will have to think about that today(-:
There are 30 little messages tucked into envelopes to be opened each day of the month. The "Seeds For Thought" will sit in the pot along with some mini Three Musketeers bars. That is my persons favorite candy. Can't wait to get it all done. Hopefully today when I get home from work, I can't finish it up!


post signature

9 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Someone will be lucky to get your gift Cindee! So thoughtful and fun!I love the idea of 30 messages.

Sheila said...

What a charming gift!

Peggy said...

What a terrific idea for a gift!Something to open each day of the month makes the gift extra special.

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

What a terrific gift idea Cindee! I bet the raccoons thought they were living in the lap of luxury and had found the best new home ;-)

CiNdEe said...

Hi Tatyana,
Thank You! I am glad you like it. I hope the person that gets it does too!

Hi Sheila,
Thanks! It was fun to make(-:

Hi Peggy,
Thank You! I think it will be fun to open each day too(-:

Hi Hocking Hills Gardener,
Thanks!!
Those raccoons were sooooooo funny!!!!!!(-:

Jesikarena said...

That is amazing! I know that whoever receives that will know that you sincerely care! Love it!

The Japanese Redneck said...

Very cute idea, you can put Twix in mine....

Jenns Three Graces said...

Cindee - this is truly Teeeriffic!!! And positive too! Good pay it forward idea.... thank you for sharing Jennifer

Kathleen said...

Hi Cindee. I haven't been by in awhile so I've been reading some of your back posts. You've been super busy (and crafty) as usual. I love this gift idea and I bet whoever you gave it to loved it too.
The snowmen you are making are SO cute but wow, what a process. What will you do with them all ~ sell them or give them away? I never saw that anywhere in the posts. I never make things in multiples for some reason?
Hope your New Year has started off well?