Friday, October 16, 2009

Lasts Nights Catch..by Captain Jack

We had a big storm here the last couple of days which made for a pretty sunset. Mom and Dad decided to take a few pictures of it and I decided it was time to get busy with the varmits. Soft dirt = fun digging!

As you can see the dirt was perfect for this adventure. I could have dug forever but Mom said we had dinner waiting for us at home! She doesn't appreciate my hunting skills! I told her I could provide a free dinner anytime!

Well here you see the catch! I worked really hard to get that one. One actually got away! I tried to find it but it must have hid really well in the leaves! Next time we go for a walk you know where I will be right? O.K. So HUMANS don't appreciate my adventure but I know that Daisey and Max will!!!! Whooof!!!

post signature

6 comments:

WiseAcre said...

I did a bit of hunting yesterday. When the mushrooms dry I'll send them off.

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Oh boy! Ellie loves to hunt too! Just the other day she ran after a squirrel down the road and we couldn't catch her. Thankfully no cars were coming by and she came back home safely. Darn varmits! LOL -Jackie

Tootsie said...

boy am I ever glad my Pooh doesn't hunt...she passes out if she sees a mouse! lol
pretty sky photos!

Brighid said...

Way to gett'm Jack.
I forgot that you have a "Gus" too. My mom got a Scotty pup a bit ago and his name is Fergus, but she calls him "Gus". I call him alot of things under my breath...
Regards, Max the wonder Cowdog, ret.

CiNdEe said...

Hi WiseAcre,
Oh cool I can't wait to see them(-:
Hope your back is feeling o.k.(-:

Hi Ellie Mae's Cottage,
Ellie sounds like Jack he would chase a squirrel a mile if he could.(-: Usually they run in a hole or up a tree!

Hi Tootsie,
LOL It must be in their blood(-:
My cats will maybe catch a mouse if it walks on them, then again maybe not! They have to be bored.

Hi Max The Wonder CowDog!
Oh yes my sister has a "Gus" the hairy beast! He threw up last night of all things! (My Mom had to clean it up) He is such a whimp!!!! He gets real sad when his Mom goes to work. I think he just does it for attention! Or another walk! I guess it's good that we got to go on another walk last night. I will have to give him credit for that!
Sometimes Gus chews up my Moms stuff too! I would never do that! My Mom and Dad call him their GrandDog!
Oh the things we must put up with!!!
Take care Max! ~Jack~

The Japanese Redneck said...

Don't be too upset with Mom Jack!

Ramona