»

Monday, September 28, 2009

A New Fairy House

First I want to thank WiseAcre for the wonderful donation to my newest creation. (-:
I reallyyyyyyyyyyy appreciate his thoughtfulness and inspiration to create another home where fairies can do whatever it is they do(-:
Since the fungi were growing on a tree I thought it was appropriate for the new house to be a tree house! From there I went to work with all the different mosses and what not to create a super fun place for the little magical winged creatures(-:
I hope you can see all the details.
Some of the amenities in this house are...
A large stone fireplace for those cold nights where the fairies and fairmen(The male version) can snuggle and watch the rain dance outside!
A lovely stone patio for picnics and parties complete with a table and chairs made out of deer antlers and driftwood(Lotus umbrella coming soon)
A crystal window to see the sunlight dance across the room in the early morning, complete with an acorn top shutter for the window when privacy is needed or maybe just to keep out the cold weather!
Plenty of greenery that takes no water. Some of us folks that live in the blazing hot,dry area of California know how much that means(-:
A solid roof shingled with pinecone seed shells. Sure to keep out the rain and varmints too! Mainly because the seeds are empty. Thanks to the squirrels!!!
A handcrafted door made out of driftwood straight from Whiskey(town)Lake. Unknown if the door contains actual whiskey or not.(-:
I hope you enjoy seeing the pictures as much as I enjoyed building this.
Happy Monday!








post signature

19 comments:

The Japanese Redneck said...

Love the new fairy house Cindee. Great job decorating it. I bet it's going to look fantastic in your garden.

Ramona

wiseacre said...

I knew you'd make something nice out of fungus.

Guess you need more Habitat for Fairies materials. It looks like you used up the few I sent.

Daffodil Planter said...

That's adorable! Who knew fungus could be so cute?

CiNdEe said...

Hi Japanese Redneck,
Thanks glad you like it(-:

Hi WiseAcre,
It all worked on the house. I really think it adds a lot of character to it too(-: What is interesting is how everything stays so nice and green even though its all dried(-: I am planning on making a contribution to the orphans fund on Wednesday(-: Thats my payday(-:

Hi Daffodil Planter,
Thanks(-:

Crafty Gardener said...

Oh wow Cindee, your fairie house is wonderful. I clicked the images to see them in larger format and could see the details. Beautiful work, the fairies will be arriving soon.

Peggy said...

It looks terrific, you do have a runaway imagination!

RainGardener said...

Very nice Cindee - I think the fairies shall be very happy there! Again, I have to say you are just so talented!

Julie said...

The fairies can swirl and twirl in that fancy, and most excellent house, Cyndee!!! WOWZERS!!!

My Little Family: said...

In Alaska we called that fungi "Bear Bread" and artists coveted it for their creations. You did a fantastic job!

lynn'sgarden said...

Cindee, that is amazing! Your crafts are in a league of their own ;) Lucky little fairies!

Brighid said...

What a darling Fairy house. If you want a book on fairies, I have a super one I can send you. Just let me know and it's on the way.

CiNdEe said...

Hi Crafty Gardener,
Thank You(-: It was fun to make!

Hi Peggy,
My mind does work over time thats for sure(-:

Hi RainGardener,
Thanks!!! This was a fun house to make(-:

Hi Julie,
Thank You(-:

Hi My Little Family,
My niece lives in Alaska(-: Bears must like those fungi then?(-:

Hi Lynn's Garden,
Thanks! I love making things(-:

Hi Brighid,
Thanks! The book sounds cool!

Jacque said...

Very cute! I have a friend who also makes faerie houses, the detail amazes me and the time you must put in to complete all that. Great creation!~Jacque

Meadowview Thymes said...

Simply precious! You are so creative Cindee! There are lots of garden fairies out there that need houses like this! :)

Tootsie said...

CINDEE!~~~~~ this is gorgeous! I love the feeling it gives me when I see it! just magical!

creekside rummager said...

As always, you are SO creative. Thank you for sharing. The new fairy house is full of woodsy fantasy.

Kathleen said...

That IS incredible Cindee. You have captured exactly what I think a super deluxe fairy house would look like... I bet there will be some squabbling among the fairies about who gets to live there!

Brenda said...

Cindee, it's a real work of art! Really!
Brenda

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Just beautiful! My imagination is running wild. Thanks for sharing! -Jackie