»

Monday, August 24, 2009

Fairy House

This is one of the gifts I got in my Summer Junk Gift Exchange on Garden Web from Jeannie. I loved it and as it sat on my table for a month a vision came to me.(-: Can you hear that clicking in my brain...(-: This project cost Zero dollars. I had all the stuff to use.


I had an old birdhouse that was in a tree and kept falling out. I decided to use it for this project. I painted it brown to start with. Then I added the gear flowers for windows. Of course it didn't stop there. (-: The porch light is an acorn top and a piece of the cracked safety glass from my bbq project(-: The number 8 is off an old telephone pole we salvaged years ago. The door is made of driftwood. The "hinges" are from a pepsi can top. The door knob is an old screw.

I used pinecone pieces for the shingles then I covered it in moss. I added snail shells here and there and pieces of fungus. The huge piece of fungus was collected from a tree stump in my yard(-: These were all dried.

I used acorn tops for bowls on the table. The table is a piece of driftwood cut and the base of the table and the base of the chairs are deer antlers. There is also a deer antler in the roof as you may have already noticed. The umbrella is a lotus seed pod. I glued an acorn top to the top of the umbrella for a finale.

I used many pieces of fungus and placed them randomly around the house as well.

The patio is made from slate that I broke in pieces and glued. I then grouted it to finish it off(-: I also added pieces of slate to the sides of the house and back and then grouted them as well.

I am not finished with it yet. I plan to add a light to it and some more "windows" in the back.

post signature

26 comments:

Brenda said...

You absolutely amaze me! I can't imagine the inner workings of your creative mind!
Brenda

CiNdEe said...

Hi Brenda,
Thanks!
LOL My brain has been working over time thats for sure.

ncshabbybeach said...

Cindee!!!! Don't you love it when a plan comes together!!! This is Awesome!! i have been collecting some items to make my own Fairy or Gnome Residence, You just gave me some great ideas!!!! Now if I can jsut get some time away from work to get back to .....junk gardening...LOL Anyway Great Job, I love it!

Kate Spike and Her KatS said...

Oh my goodness--I'm so glad I found your blog in time to see the magical fairy house! Thank you!!!

creekside rummager said...

CiNdEe - This is absolutely adorabale. So very cute and creative. You did a wonderful job on this little fairy house. Thanks for sharing.

creekside rummager said...

CiNdEe - I had to post again because I thought you really should post your fairy house on JunkMarket Style, where anyone can post projects they have done. People write nice comments and people would LOVE this project.

CiNdEe said...

Hi ncshabbybeach,
Thanks(-:
I have been wanting to make a fairy house for a long time and just never thought I could do it. I am pleased with the way it has turned out(-:

Hi Kate Spike and her Kats,
Thank You ! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Creekside Rummager,
Thank You!!!!
I did add it to the junk Market Style forum you suggested(-:
Hope they enjoy(-: It was fun to make!

Brighid said...

What a terrific bird house. Your creative mind is a thing of beauty, and I'm so glad you share.

The Japanese Redneck said...

Stunning. What a great job. I love your creativity.
Ramona

ByLightOfMoon said...

I love your fairy house. You have many fabulous ideas used on it.

I have been collection supplies to make some also, as a uge collection of natural things from the ground up. I just wish I lived by the sea. I subscribedto your blog, very pretty gardens! SMiles, cyndi

ByLightOfMoon said...

Opps, I Also forgot to say I saw you on Junk Market Style too!

SMiles, Cyndi

pammiejo said...

Yep, I'm lovin' it! You've the beginnings of a fairy garden, ya' know. Great creativity, Cindee! PAM

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Cindee, girl how amazing. It is just the cutest thing. I love the table and all of the little touches. Great job!

Gail said...

Oh my that is wonderful! I totally love it! You are an inspiration to us all! gail

Julie said...

OMG! This is unreal! It is spectacular!!! You went all out and put all thse natural materials into it...it is just GREAT! What a fantastic creation!!!

CiNdEe said...

Hi Brighid,
Thank You(-: I had fun making it!

Hi Japanese Redneck,
Thanks!(-; Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi ByLightOfMoon,
Thank You!!!(-: Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Hi PammieJo,
Thank You(-: Not sure if I want to make more houses for a fairy garden or not(-: Maybe(-:

Hi Hocking Hills Gardener,
Thanks(-: I had a lot of fun doing this. The tables and chairs were redone at least a dozen times until I was happy with how they looked(-:

Hi Gail,
Thank You you are so nice(-:

Hi Julie,
Thank You! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Kudzu said...

ohhh, what a sweet fairy house! I love all your attention to detail,too, everything is too too cute!
kudzu/cherry

Tootsie said...

that is just fabulous!!! you are doing a great job...very creative!

flowergardengirl said...

Most fun thing I've seen in a long time. Wish I had a little kiddo to share your story with. You did a great job and as always your creativity hit a home run.

The detail is well thought out. Love that little table and chair. I'm sure the fairies will be most comfortable.

perennialgardener said...

I can see the gears spinning in your head alright! Wow that is one creative project. Looks great!

WiseAcre said...

Too cool. Now scale one to a size I can move into.

cherry said...

Miss Cindee you amaze me ..lol

I wrote about you on my blog this morning..hugs, Cherry

Lola said...

OMG, CiNdEe, that is fantastic. You should have a store. You are so creative & are always coming up with these great ideas.

Sue said...

What fun! It's really cute! I hope your computer problems are being fixed. I saw your comment, I think on Joy's blog.

Tootsie said...

post!!!! I miss you!

Kanak Hagjer said...

Hi Cindee, wow I'm amazed at your wonderful creativity! It's wonderful!!!