I had an old birdhouse that was in a tree and kept falling out. I decided to use it for this project. I painted it brown to start with. Then I added the gear flowers for windows. Of course it didn't stop there. (-: The porch light is an acorn top and a piece of the cracked safety glass from my bbq project(-: The number 8 is off an old telephone pole we salvaged years ago. The door is made of driftwood. The "hinges" are from a pepsi can top. The door knob is an old screw.
I used pinecone pieces for the shingles then I covered it in moss. I added snail shells here and there and pieces of fungus. The huge piece of fungus was collected from a tree stump in my yard(-: These were all dried.
I used acorn tops for bowls on the table. The table is a piece of driftwood cut and the base of the table and the base of the chairs are deer antlers. There is also a deer antler in the roof as you may have already noticed. The umbrella is a lotus seed pod. I glued an acorn top to the top of the umbrella for a finale.
I used many pieces of fungus and placed them randomly around the house as well.
The patio is made from slate that I broke in pieces and glued. I then grouted it to finish it off(-: I also added pieces of slate to the sides of the house and back and then grouted them as well.
I am not finished with it yet. I plan to add a light to it and some more "windows" in the back.